Wednesday, December 17, 2008

For Emma, Forever Ago.

Beyond the obvious family, friends, and good health I am thankful for one bearded man from Wisconsin named Justin Vernon--the man responsible for the musical outfit known as Bon Iver. Bon Iver (aka Justin Vernon) self released a record in 2007 called For Emma, Forever Ago and it is beyond incredible. I'll admit I was a little late in the game in appreciating this release, but nonetheless I am here and fully embracing it.
Bon Iver's "For Emma, Forever Ago" is kind of tough to describe; the music is very layered and has a very serene yet solemn feel to it. As strange as it sounds,every time I listen to the record I feel a little more at peace with everything around me. Music like this makes me thankful to be alive.
Here is an awesome video of Bon Iver's "The Wolves (Act I &II)"

No comments: